A few things about Richard:
- I am SAA 2011 Program Committee co-chair and I previously held a 3-year elected position on the SAA Electronic Records Section Steering (ERS) Committee (2006-2009).
- I attended and presented at the Sep. 13, 2010 U.S. Census Bureau Invitational Workshop with NSF, NARA and the University of Maryland at NARA II.
- I attended and presented at the Feb. 2, 2010 NSF TeraGrid Invitational Workshop on Cyber-GIS, in D.C.
Jeff Heard is a Senior Visualization Researcher at the Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His research interests include scalable interactive visualization systems, geographic visualization, visual analytics, and information visualization.
A few things about Jeff:
- I have a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Central Arkansas.
- I have 4 years of work towards a PhD in Computer Science from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- I have conceived and developed a number of visualization systems: DocuVerse, and the Geoanalytics Framework.
A few things about Sheryl:
- I created a Collaborative Data group on HASTAC.org where we talk about "big cultural data," "socializing data" and other topics connected to big data.
- I am paying close attention to the role of data scientists in collaborative data projects.
- I write about collaborative data and CIBER here.